Friday 15 July 2011

Friday Jams #3

      And we're back for another Friday Jam, get those speakers on and make sure you're sitting cross-legged, I find it helps. So since the last post was pretty much dedicated to Janelle Monáe (no regrets about that) I'm gonna make this one as varied and weird as possible.

      Today's featured track is a song I've had and loved for a very young time, pretty much since its release. I got the album 'Days to Come' as a late birthday present and on this very awesome album (released 2006) was one track called 'Recurring'. It's quite simply, beautiful. Someone once said (can't remember who) "if sound could resemble how things looked, acted, how things ran, how you heard things, i wish the world was like this song" You may have heard it before, I think it's been played in some adverts or something. Anyway, it's a really wonderfully chilled yet varied and enthralling song and does a very good job at representing its creator (Bonobo) who's genre is almost... his own. I couldn't think where it would fit so I did wikipedia search. It said that it's "Downtempo / TripHop / Chillout" which only confused me further. Anyway, i fully encourage you to get the album 'Days to Come' or his most recent release which is just as beautiful and masterful as the rest 'Black Sands'. But enough of me, here is the song.
Bonobo - Recurring

This second song is one from a classic artist that I've only just got into lately. This song came up whilst on shuffle and I have to say it's one of my favorites if not the one favorite.
Paul Simon - Kodachrome

This third one just has an ingenious intro and it's horrendously funky and awesome in so many ways.
Logo - Hello.jpg

This third one is just, well, to be honest, it's awful. Yet there are so many things about this song that I love. I love that it sound like she's saying "My name is toenail" at the beginning. I love how bad she is at lip syncing, but most of all I love how she brings to the table the worry that everyone has, even me, of being a crappy housewife.
Tonje Langeteig - I Don't Wanna Be A Crappy Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment