Friday 8 July 2011

Friday Jams #2

Ok, we're back for another Friday Jam.

Today's featured track is one by someone i found a few months ago who recently was brought back to my attention after seeing a live performance on TV. Her name is Janelle Monáe and her album "The Archandroid" is quite frankly, genius. The first song I will show you is one of her well known songs.

Janelle Monáe - Faster

 I would highly recommend buying it and listening to it all the way through in one go if you can find the time, with no distractions. The lady herself said "I do believe that when the listener listens to suites II & III combined, they will be transformed, but you have to listen to it from the beginning to the end or it will not work for you and you will have cheated yourself". It's very difficult to pick out one song from the alum to showcase her because it's so wonderfully composed. Therefore, I'm devoting three of four slots to her today - and if you're wondering where Suite I is, it's on a sort of EP thing called 'Metropolis - The Chase Suite' which is also divine.

This second one is a more chilled song on the ArchAndroid album showing just how versatile she is and how incredibly diverse yet 'together' this album is.
Janelle Monáe - 57821

This last Janelle Monáe is my favorite song on the album and I can't quite describe it so just have a listen
Janelle Monáe - BaBopByeYa

The last song on this Friday Jams is a bit of cheeky pop, I literally adored her as a child and I can't stop loving this music video and the album is just divine pop music.
Britney Spears - I Wanna Go

Fuck you - Fuck You - Fuck you - You're cool! Fuck you - I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment