Sunday 29 May 2011

Self Absorbed Whore...

      So yes, this is an introduction, I'm not going to attempt to explain what this blog is about or is going to develop into, because it's been created in a caffeine fueled fit of expression. However, I will introduce myself, as it is the polite thing to do, no? So, I have actually already described myself in so many words; "...a self absorbed whore", I bet that got you interested huh? Well, it's not all strictly true, but I couldn't think of any other way to sum up myself effectively or indeed at all, in a short a space as is available in the title of the page. 
      So let me break it down, I'm not totally self absorbed, I like to think I'm a relatively generous and caring friend, however, I spend a lot of my time staring into a mirror. I've also been caught checking my hair and such in any reflective object, including the windows of occupied cars, the reflective backs of industrial refrigerators at Cafe Nero, sunglasses of friends who think I'm staring longingly into their eyes et cetera. But hey, even though friends occasionally comment that I'm vein and self promoting, I like to think I'm just confident, which is something which I've found rather recently, as in the past, I have been painfully shy. In terms of describing myself as a 'Whore', well, I don't regularly get payed for sex (only irregularly of course), however, my friends comment regularly that I get around a bit, a quality that I congratulate myself for; "Play Safe : Play Regularly". Furthermore, I was originally going to baptise this blog "Diary Of A Self Absorbed (Man/Boy)", but the domain was taken. What a bitch. And yes, I am a man/boy. I would like to call myself a Man, but really, I don't know what a man is really; is it a burly lumberjack romping around an evergreen forest? Is it responsibility? Is it his maturity? Who knows? But anyway, I'll refrain from divulging into a huge philosophical debate, you'll be suffering enough of that in the future, I'm sure, It's one of my tendencies. 
      Also, as you can see from above, one of my tendencies is also to ramble on without much direction, so look forward to that also. Forgot to say, the name is Angus... Angus James



Lastly, and most importantly look forward to me expressing myself endlessly on a (hopefully) daily basis.

X AJ


- Side note: I'll try to make this experience as two-way as possible, so leave your maverick ramblings and hate mail in the comments below, no doubt they'll be pitifully empty for quite some time, if not always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment