Monday 30 May 2011

Back and Dry...

      So yes, here I am, back as promised the day after the first post. Waking up this morning, I felt completely dry of inspiration, all I wanted to do was eat cereal and watch reality TV; consequently, that is what I did, but after refraining from a third helping of cereal and hence retaining my dignity, I dragged myself back toward the computer with the aim of posting on this marvelous blog. I had hoped that on the journey between my TV and my laptop I would be miraculously inspired, caught up in a frenzy of passionate belief and ready to type away, but no, to my surprise i sat down, without a thought to whimsy from my mind. Hence, I procrastinated, helplessly; 'Ooh I must check my facebook', 'Maybe I should clear up my hard drive' and so on... In fact, even me writing this is a form of procrastination, procrastination from doing any sort of work that may earn me some money over the summer. So, here I am, feeling a sense of achievement that I've managed to cease procrastinating from the procrastination of this blog. If you're not following, don't worry, neither am I.
      Alas, I'm sorry dear reader (and you are dear, you're one of few - i assume), but this blog is nothing more than procrastination. It's a painfully honest truth, but it is the truth. However, that is not to say that this will be something I will refrain from, rather, it is something into which I can channel all of my easily distracted mind. Hence, I suppose you dear reader could say I am using you, you and this blog, like the self absorbed whore that I am, purely for self gain in the field of concentration. However, me using you has its benefits, I would like to think that reading my posts are and will become and have been enjoyable, hence, surely this is a win win situation?
      Anyway, that is all for now, I am going to the theatre this evening so I may return more inspired than before, hence, look forward (or back) to me spilling my emotional guts out in the small hours of tomorrow morning.

      X AJ

      Also, don't forget to leave your maverick ramblings and hate mail in the comments below, it will make me look more popular; I'd like that very much.

- Side note: I did actually have to edit this after reading it, as at the beginning of each paragraph I had said 'So yes...' because I'm a repetition whore. Furthermore, I'm not sure whether 'to whimsy' is a verb, but I've used it, and it is now. So deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know whimsy is one of my favourite words? Loofah is another :D

    Also, when feeling uninspired, wear something fabulous. They don't say "when you feel blue, wear red" for no reason ;)

    ReplyDelete